WELCOME

Tom Veitch

WELCOME

Postby Tom Veitch » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:09 pm

You have found the PatPatPro Board for songwriters. :)

The primary aim of this board is to provide a forum where songwriters who want to become BETTER songwriters can post their work and discuss all aspects of song writing.

Pat Pattison's course "Songwriting" at Coursera * inspired the creation of this group and quite a few our current members have completed this course. But Pat himself said he's teaching "Tools NOT Rules" and we're of course open to all other ideas so songwriters from all backgrounds and genres are welcome here. We can all learn from one another.

The group is pretty democratic, run to meet the needs of its members, and we would like to keep rules to the absolute minimum needed to run a successful board. Respect for other members, their work, and their privacy are absolute requirements.

We are keen to welcome new ACTIVE members. In reply to someone who suggested that he was lucky to have such a talent, the great golfer Gary Player replied "Yes, and the more I practice the luckier I get". We all need to practice our songwriting and hope to learn from each other.

Besides this Welcome Board, all other boards are for registered members only. For access and further details PLEASE REGISTER.

* The course has been run several times already and details to it and future sessions of the course are available via the following link https://www.coursera.org/course/songwriting

CorieT

Re: WELCOME

Postby CorieT » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:12 pm

Thanks for telling me about this forum! I'm unfortunately quite busy at the moment (Aren't we all...) but am happy to have found another group which will hopefully be more active, therefore pushing me to be active.

I'm an American singer/actress/songwriter living and working in Germany, based in Berlin. I took Pat's course a few years ago. if anyone is at all interested, they can look me up at www.corietownsend.com

Hope to be sharing with you soon!

Return to “Welcome Board (public)”